How To Make a Proper Old Fashioned
Fascinating and opinionated web site focused on one thing: how to make a proper Old Fashioned. Author Martin Doudoroff believes that a lot of “bad ideas” have corrupted the modern drink.
Old Fashioned Recipe
Follow the easy original recipe to make an Old Fashioned. In a glass, put:
- A little simple syrup or other mild sweetening syrup
- A dash of aromatic bitters (Angostura bitters to start)
- A measure (2 oz) of bourbon, straight rye or Canadian whisky
- If necessary, a little water to taste and/or ice
- A twist of lemon or orange rind
There is no soda, fruit pieces or juice in or shaking of an Old Fashioned.
This is an Old Fashioned:
This is not an Old Fashioned:
Photos: Old Fashioned – A Creative Commons Attribution (2.0) image from John Rodenbiker’s photostream; Not Old Fashioned – A Creative Commons Attribution (2.0) image from Rochelle Hartman’s photostream)
One Reply to “How To Make a Proper Old Fashioned”
This can be some thing I need to do more research into, thanks for the posting.
Comments are closed.